ACTING THE SONG
Are you an actor or singer that is looking to explore the journey of a story through song? In Acting the Song, you will discover how to truthfully and powerfully bring a song to life while upholding the vocal technique to healthily handle the demands of Musical Theatre performance. This class will utilize traditional acting exercises to explore the connection between the actor and the song. You will learn how to overcome the mental, physical and emotional blocks that keep you from your confidence in presenting a clear and specific message through song. If you want to hone your techniques to communicate in the state of music and heightened circumstances, this class is for you.
Julliard trained Michael Hayden teaches this class and will use his vast experience having performed on Broadway to instruct students to:
- Present a song with more confidence and vocal exploration
- Explore a song as a series of actions and moment to moment discoveries
- Collaborate with your fellow actors, teacher, and accompanist
- Analyze a song to identify the composer and lyricist’s voice, as well as structure, style, and acting clues they are offering you through the music
- Give you tools to continue your own practice outside of the classroom
There are no classes currently scheduled.
Sign up / log in to join the waitlist.