Actor, dancer and Ensemble Dr., Esteban Andres Cruz teaches our newest movement class, Applied Viewpoints. Students will learn the essential Viewpoints and how to apply them for the purposes of building confidence and fearlessness in approaching performance. The Nine Viewpoints are an improvisational system that trains actors to use their body in time and space to create meaning. Remove personal doubt and reduce self-consciousness in a way that will prepare you to approach scene work from your true self with authority and joy.
The Nine Viewpoints:
- Spatial Relationships: The distance between things on stage, between one body and another or between a body and an object or piece of architecture.
- Architecture: The physical environment in which you are working.
- Topography: The pattern created on the floor as the actor moves through the space.
- Shape: The contour or outline the body (or bodies) make in space.
- Gesture: A movement involving a part or parts of the body
- Kinaesthetic response: A spontaneous physical reaction to something which occurs.
- Repetition: Repeating something on stage.
- Duration: How long a movement or sequence of movements continue.
- Tempo: The rate or speed at which a movement occurs.
There are no classes currently scheduled.
Sign up / log in to join the waitlist.
"This (Applied Viewpoints with Esteban Andrez Cruz) was a great class. I can honestly say that I have applied principles and skills learned here in every class I have taken since, including improv. Esteban was the best! Inspirational, supportive and challenging wrapped up in one dynamic instructor!"
— Dan Vaughn