ASC alum Isaly Viana recently performed with Urban Theatre Co., just booked a commercial and was cast in An Xmas Cuento Remix at 16th Street Theater, performing through Dec. 2019. Go Isaly!
VOICEOVER FOR THE PROFESSIONAL ACTOR
This 5 Week Class is designed for professional actors, working in other mediums to learn how to adapt their skills to the world of voice acting. The typical student will have a handful of post-collegiate credits under their belt and agent representation. Two classes will be held at Chicago Recording Company and students will receive tracks from their in-studio work.
- Explore the similarities and differences to camera and theatre work and learn mic technique.
- Identify your Signature Sound
- Learn about the variety of Commercial styles, the differences between TV, Internet, and Radio as well as dialogue, announcer and demo reads
- Narration, animation, audio drama and gaming auditions are your time to shine and really show off your acting muscles
- Gain insight and information about the hardware, software, and environments that will give you a great and affordable audition
- Receive feedback and Business Q&A with a top Chicago Voice Over agent.
Admission: determined by Headshot/Resume
I just finished taking Brian Plocharczyk’s Voiceover for the Professional Actor class. I had
recently changed agents and my new agent wanted me to have a little more training before
they were ready to represent me on their V/O roster.
This was EXACTLY the right class for me – I had a solid foundation but needed a little more time in the booth and some guidance from a pro who’s been working successfully in the field for years. Coming out with professionally edited tracks from our sessions at CRC, feedback from one of the best V/O agents in town, and exposure to a wide variety of copy that we’d be
thrown in the field gave me the tools that I needed.
Less than a week after finishing the class and after hearing my tracks from CRC (and another go at their internal audition sides), my agent added me to their V/O roster and started sending me auditions that same day. I cannot recommend this class highly enough.
— David Gordon-Johnson