So, now you’ve started auditioning for commercials. What should you be wearing to take your auditions to the next level?
We asked Gail Rastorfer, Actress and Founder of Artistic Strategies to outline the Top Ten Wardrobe Essentials Now That You’re Auditioning for Commercials
- Men & Women: Nice pair of tailored Khaki/Docker-type pants
- Men & Women: Pair of Nice tailored Jeans. Darker wash.
- Men & Women: Nice, modest shorts. No Daisy Dukes & no crazy patterns or colors
- Men & Women: A few collared, button down dress-like shirts (one white, the rest in complimentary colors)
- Men & Women: Pair of dress slacks & a business jacket (stay away from black)
- Men & Women: A Blue (no navy) button-down shirt or a polo (these work well if you are called in for a ‘service worker’. Fast food, delivery person, etc.)
- Women: Nice sweater set in a lighter complimentary color (no black white or red)
- Men: Nice tie without too many patterns
- Men & Women: One pair of neutral (black, brown)dress shoes/heels
- A steam iron: If you don’t have one…you’re a big kid now…GET ONE!