At Acting Studio Chicago, the health and wellness of our community comes first.
In response to Covid-19, we are continually monitoring the changing CDC guidelines and are updating our protocols as needed. We successfully welcomed back students for in-person training in July of 2021 and will continue to take all available steps to maintain the health and safety of our students and staff.
We’re working to create safe, classroom spaces that follow all state and CDC guidelines.
Before Your Class
1) As of April 1st, 2023 we no longer require proof of vaccination.
2) Currently, masks in the studio are optional. If your instructor or scene partner asks that you remain masked while performing, you are expected to follow their instructions.
++In the future, if it becomes necessary to protect the health and safety of our community, we will transition in-person classes to online classes. Registering for an in-person class means that you understand and agree that, if necessary, you will complete your in-person class online. There will be no credits or refunds issued to students whose in-person class transitions to an online class due to Covid-19.
During Your Class
1) 10 W Hubbard has made the following upgrades to the HVAC system to ensure everyone’s safety while in the building.
- Pleated air filters.
- According to the EPA, pleated filters are much more efficient than non-pleated filters at capturing microscopic airborne particles and successfully filter out even the smallest bacteria.
- The HVAC has a MERV rating of 13.
- This is the highest rating for a non-medical building. It is so fine that it traps microscopic viruses and bacteria.
2) Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be provided throughout the studio and in every classroom.
Protocol for Covid-19 Exposures and Breakthrough Cases:
IF AN ACTOR HAS BEEN EXPOSED:
- Please contact the office, let us know of your exposure, and continue to monitor yourself for symptoms.
- You do not need to stay home unless you develop symptoms.
- Wear a well-fitting mask for 10 full days any time you are around others.
- You must test 5 days after your exposure. Please let us know your status.
- If you continue to remain symptom-free, you may remove your mask after 10 days from your initial exposure.
- Take precautions until day 10.
IF AN ACTOR TESTS POSITIVE:
- No actor will be allowed to return to class in person until at least 10 days (for vaccinated actors) have passed since symptoms first appeared AND
- At least 24 hours have passed since last fever (without the use of fever-reducing medicine) AND
- Any other symptoms have improved (for example, cough or shortness of breath) OR
- The individual is cleared to return by a healthcare professional. If you tested positive for COVID-19, but never had any symptoms, it is advised that you isolate for 10 days after the date that your first positive diagnostic (viral) test was taken.
If you have to quarantine, or if you test positive, we will do everything we can to accommodate your missed class time:
- We will either Zoom you in for your class so you can watch and continue to learn from your classmates and instructor.
- Or, we will excuse your absences so that you can make up your missed classes in the following term.
We also encourage you to take a look at the CDC Isolation Calculator.
Please DO NOT come to class if you are feeling unwell in any way. We also HIGHLY suggest that you get tested for Covid if you are under the weather.