At Acting Studio Chicago, safety, comfort, and confidence come first.
In response to Covid-19, we’ve been making improvements and preparations to welcome you back to the studio for in-person training.
With our instructors, staff and all adult students providing proof of vaccination, and all of us adhering to the safety guidelines as set forth by the CDC, we can return with confidence. Our on-line classes will continue to offer accessibility for all students as we continue our commitment to inclusivity for all populations.
We’re working to create safe, carefully sanitized classroom spaces that follow all state and CDC guidelines.
Before Your Class
1) We require proof of vaccination when applying for an in-person class.
- When applying for a class online, our site will prompt you to upload your headshot and/or resume. Please use that option to upload a jpeg or pdf picture of your vaccination card.
- Like your headshot and resume, this card will only be viewable to the Acting Studio Chicago administration team and is otherwise completely confidential.
- You will not be approved to take any in-person classes until we receive proof of vaccination.
2) We require all students to pay the remaining balance of their class before arriving on the first day.
- You may do this through your account on our website, or over the phone. This will help cut down on foot traffic and crowding in the office.
3) We require masks to be worn before, during, and after your class while in the building at 10 W Hubbard.
- Prepare to bring your own surgical or cloth mask.
- Masks with vents or valves will NOT be permitted.
- Masks must be worn fitted to your face from the bridge of your nose to the bottom of your chin.
Checking In for Your Class
1) Per 10 W Hubbard’s elevator policy, only 2 people are permitted to use the elevator at a time.
- Please plan on arriving early – at least 15 minutes before class – to accommodate slower arrivals due to the building’s elevator policy.
2) When you arrive for class there will be an ASC staff member in the lobby to direct you to your classroom.
- They will also have parking tickets available for purchase. At this time, we are only accepting cash for parking tickets.
3) Please maintain 6 feet of distance between you and the people in front of and behind you. Please do not congregate in the lobby.
- If there is someone in the lobby ahead of you, please wait for that person to clear.
- Please go directly to class after an ASC staff member points you in the right direction.
During Your Class
1) 10 W Hubbard has made the following upgrades to the HVAC system to ensure everyone’s safety while in the building.
- Pleated air filters.
- According to the EPA, pleated filters are much more efficient than non-pleated filters at capturing microscopic airborne particles and successfully filter out even the smallest bacteria.
- The HVAC has a MERV rating of 13.
- This is the highest rating for a non-medical building. It is so fine that it traps microscopic viruses and bacteria.
2) Masks are to be worn while in the building and in class. We will allow you to remove your mask depending on the needs of the class
- For example, if you’re performing your tv side with your masked reader/teacher in your on-camera class, performing a theatrical scene with your unmasked classmate 6 feet away, etc.
- When you are done performing, we ask that you put your mask back on before returning to your seat.
3) Seating will be socially distanced.
- Your teacher will do their best to maintain 6 feet of distance between students during class.
- We will tape the floor and chairs with clear markers.
4) Classes will only be held in studio spaces with 4 large windows that can be opened for additional ventilation.
- Eating will not be permitted in class at this time. You may remove your mask briefly to drink water as needed.
- Shared Props/Use of our Prop closet will not be permitted at this time.