At Acting Studio Chicago, safety, comfort, and confidence come first.
In response to Covid-19, we’ve been making improvements and preparations to welcome you back to the studio for in-person training.
With our instructors, staff, and all adult students providing proof of vaccination, and all of us adhering to the safety guidelines as set forth by the CDC, we can return with confidence. Our on-line classes will continue to offer accessibility for all students as we continue our commitment to inclusivity for all populations.
We’re working to create safe, carefully sanitized classroom spaces that follow all state and CDC guidelines.
Before Your Class
1) We require proof of vaccination when applying for an in-person class.
- When applying for a class online, our site will prompt you to upload your headshot and/or resume. Please use that option to upload a jpeg or pdf picture of your vaccination card.
- Like your headshot and resume, this card will only be viewable to the Acting Studio Chicago administration team and is otherwise completely confidential.
- You will not be approved to take any in-person classes until we receive proof of vaccination.
2) We require all students to pay the remaining balance of their class before arriving on the first day.
- You may do this through your account on our website, or over the phone. This will help cut down on foot traffic and crowding in the office.
3) As of 7/30/2021, in accordance with CDC guidelines we require masks to be worn before, during, and after your class while in the building at 10 W Hubbard.
August 17, 2021: The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) has announced that it will re-institute a face mask mandate for all indoor public settings as the average number of new daily cases of COVID-19 in Chicago surpasses 400. All individuals aged 2 and over, regardless of their vaccination status, will be required to wear a mask.
Masks are required in all indoor public settings, including bars and restaurants, gyms, common areas of condos and multi-residential buildings, and private clubs. Similar to previous mask mandates, masks can be removed at restaurants, bars, and other eating/drinking establishments by patrons when they are actively eating and drinking. Masks can also be removed for certain activities that require their removal, such as beard shaves or facials. Additionally, masks can be removed in settings that are not open to the public, if employees are static and maintaining at least six feet from all other individuals.
We currently require masking at all times, except when students are performing and distanced from their partner and classmates. If your instructor asks you to remain masked when performing you are expected to follow their instructions.
July 30th, 2021: Acting Studio Chicago is fully adopting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s updated masking guidance recommending that fully vaccinated people begin wearing masks indoors again in areas with substantial and high transmission rates. On July 29th Cook County was added to the CDC’s list of areas experiencing “substantial” COVID-19 transmission.
We are monitoring the CDC and Illinois Dept. of Health recommendations and will update our policies as advised.
In the future, if it becomes necessary to protect the health and safety of our community, we will transition in-person classes to online classes. Registering for an in-person class means that you understand and agree that if necessary, you will complete your in-person class online. There will be no credits or refunds issued to students whose in-person class transitions to an online class due to Covid-19.
Checking In for Your Class
1) Per 10 W Hubbard’s elevator policy, only 2 people are permitted to use the elevator at a time.
- Please plan on arriving early – at least 15 minutes before class – to accommodate slower arrivals due to the building’s elevator policy.
2) When you arrive for class there will be an ASC staff member in the lobby to direct you to your classroom.
- They will also have parking tickets available for purchase. At this time, we are only accepting cash for parking tickets.
During Your Class
1) 10 W Hubbard has made the following upgrades to the HVAC system to ensure everyone’s safety while in the building.
- Pleated air filters.
- According to the EPA, pleated filters are much more efficient than non-pleated filters at capturing microscopic airborne particles and successfully filter out even the smallest bacteria.
- The HVAC has a MERV rating of 13.
- This is the highest rating for a non-medical building. It is so fine that it traps microscopic viruses and bacteria.
2) Classroom Etiquette
- Eating will not be permitted in class at this time.
- Shared Props/Use of our Prop closet will not be permitted at this time.