ASC Zoom Etiquette Guidelines
Standard rules and protocols to help create a supportive and productive virtual classroom.
- Come to class on time each week.
- If you are going to be late, please email us at email@example.com.
- You can also call the office at 312-527-4566. If we’re unavailable, please leave a message!
- Find a quiet and private area in which to sit and work.
- Please refrain from joining us from a public place, your car, or somewhere outside. In the past, we’ve found these environments to be distracting to the class and unconducive to virtual learning.
- Make sure you are well lit and have a neutral background.
- Your light source should be in front of your device so we can see you.
- Work somewhere in which your background won’t distract from your performance.
- Let other members of your household know when you are going to be in class so that they do not disturb you.
- Treat the virtual classroom the same way you would an in-person classroom — behave the way you would if we were all in the room together.
- No cell phones in class.
- No multitasking in different windows or on various devices.
- No eating dinner
- Dress appropriately
- Only take breaks during times designated by the instructor.
- Mute your microphone when you’re not speaking to avoid distractions.
- Try to be stationary when it’s not your turn to work/perform. Moving around your space while others are working is distracting to the group, and can cause motion sickness in some people.
- Have fun, work hard, challenge yourself, and support your classmates!