ASC faculty member Charles Andrew Gardner booked a McDonald's Voiceover commercial. He also appeared onstage and, with the Covid19 pandemic stopping live theatre, via streaming in TimeLine Theatre's Kill Move Paradise.
GRADES 6-8: ACTING
Returns Fall 2020. Looking to take a class now?
Check out our May online session here!
This exciting class is just for middle-schoolers. Just the right balance of fun and seriousness, it offers an opportunity to build acting skills and connect with other young actors, as well as have a great time.
Over the course of the 10 weeks, our 6-8th graders will work on the fundamentals of acting and be introduced to age-appropriate scene work.
- Building and deepening fundamental acting skills
- Understanding conflict and action, and how they drive a scene
- Personalizing any material to make a performance uniquely your own, whether it’s a commercial audition, or a play at school
- Discoveries, and how they change a scene
- Challenging games and exercises to build skills
- Improvisation, to learn to connect with each other and go with the flow
- Learning the ropes to perform onstage with confidence
This class is designed to be repeated.
On the last class students share their progress with a low-key performance for family and friends.
This class meets 10 times
There are no classes currently scheduled.
Sign up / log in to join the waitlist.