ASC faculty member Christina Gorman is performing in The River with Boho Theatre. She also fight choreographed Steep Theatre's upcoming Pomona.
GRADES 9-12: ACTING FOR TEENS
Whether they’re interested in a performing career, or are investigating acting for the first time, we take our teen actors seriously at ASC. This acting class is fun and lively, but absolutely doesn’t talk down to them.
In this dynamic class, students are the given the tools to tackle any script be it theatre, film, tv, or commercial, and make it their own. Our teen actors will be cast in age-appropriate scenes from the contemporary theater.
- Building and deepening fundamental acting skills
- Understanding conflict and action, and how they drive a scene
- Personalizing any material to make a performance uniquely your own, whether it’s a commercial audition, or a play at school
- Discoveries, and how they change a scene
- Challenging games and exercises to build skills
- Improvisation, to learn to connect with each other and go with the flow
- Learning the ropes to perform onstage with confidence
This class is designed to be repeated.
This class culminates with a low key performance for family and friends.
This class meets 10 times