Richard Esteras recurs as Manny throughout FX's new series, The Bear, now streaming on Hulu!
GRADES 9-12- ACTING FOR TEENS: IN PERSON
To apply for this in-person class, proof of full Covid-19 vaccination is required. For kids 12 and up the booster is recommended after 5 months. Make sure to upload a pdf of your card before submitting your application.
**Note: after you hit APPLY you will receive a confirmation email; make sure to read carefully and fill out our required VACCINATION INFO FORM.
Please review our Health & Safety page for more information on uploading your Vaccination Card and current C.D.C. guidelines.
Whether they’re interested in a performing career or are investigating acting for the first time, we take our teen actors seriously at ASC. This acting class is fun and lively but absolutely doesn’t talk down to them.
In this dynamic class, students are given the tools to tackle any script be it theatre, film, tv, or commercial, and make it their own. Our teen actors will be cast in age-appropriate scenes from the contemporary theater.
- Building and deepening fundamental acting skills
- Understanding conflict and action, and how they drive a scene
- Personalizing any material to make a performance uniquely your own, whether it’s a commercial audition or a play at school
- Discoveries, and how they change a scene
- Challenging games and exercises to build skills
- Improvisation, to learn to connect with each other and go with the flow
- Learning the ropes to perform onstage with confidence
This class is designed to be repeated.
"I learned about The Guideposts and I gained a lot of confidence."
— Samantha Schmaling