ASC alums Paloma Nozicka and Collin Quinn Rice were recently cast in Griffin Theatre's upcoming production of The Harvest.
ON CAMERA 2
For actors who have completed On Camera 1 or its equivalent (eligibility determined by ASC), this class digs deeper into the skills necessary to bring your best to the audition room. Students will break down scenes for a variety of roles and genres, including commercial and co-star and supporting roles for television and film across different styles- with emphasis placed on the roles Chicago actors are most likely to encounter. Each week involves on camera work as well as watching/discussing playback.
- Commercials and Improv
- Breaking down Co-star roles for television
- Breaking down supporting roles for film
- Delivering that coveted “third take” the first time
- Interpreting and Implementing adjustments in the callback
- How the Industry varies (CHI/LA/NY)
- Business Info: properly listing credits/getting great headshots/finding work/agent-actor relationship/self-taping
- Industry guest in final week for Mock Audition and Business Q&A
Required: On Camera 1 or prior acting training and experience- determined by headshot and resume and/or a placement audition.
"I learned more in this on camera class than any other on camera class I've been in. Because my class was smaller sized, I felt that she provided good constructive feedback throughout, brought good energy all the time, and made me feel comfortable to be myself." (Adria Dawn, Instructor, On Camera 2).
— Seth Davis