ASC alum Nate Santana is performing in Northlight Theatre's production of The Legend of Georgia McBride.
LEVEL 1 INTRODUCTION TO SHURTLEFF
Are you ready to finally take the leap and start your acting training? Learn how to build a solid foundation in a friendly, supportive environment where you’ll learn a practical way to achieve goals during rehearsal and performance. As a strong, effective approach to personalizing scripts, creating importance in a scene, and making clear, unique choices, The Guideposts found in the Shurtleff method are at the heart of what we teach in our classes.
During your 8 week course:
· Physical and vocal warm ups to help train your instrument
· Theatre exercises and improvisation techniques designed to help build your confidence and to connect with your scene partner(s)
· Neutral scene work intended to assist in focusing on the importance of Relationship, Conflict, Action and Communication
· Script analysis which will give you the foundation for understanding the scene and discovering what you’re doing
· Scene work which provides you guaranteed class time to rehearse and perform scenes with partners. Contemporary American playwrights will be tackled specifically during the last 4 weeks of class.
You’ll also receive personalized feedback and guidance from passionate industry professionals who care about your journey as a developing artist.
At the beginning of each session we provide a New Student Seminar free of charge for all new ASC students. This dynamic and useful introduction to Michael Shurtleff's Guideposts is lead by actor, director and faculty member, Kurt Naebig and acquaints students to the common language and practices of the studio.
"The clarity that the Shurtleff method gave me definitely surpassed my expectations and gave me a definitive method to use when preparing scenes. I 100% would take another class as well as recommend to a friend."
— Siubhan Stormont
Required: No prior training is required- just tell us a little bit about yourself when you submit your application!
Sarafina (Vecchio- instructor, Level 1) is an amazing teacher and I’m loving every moment of these classes!
— Jeannie Oakes
"Linda (Linda Gillum, Instructor - Level 1 Introduction to Shurtleff) did a great job. Nice way about her and positive and healthy approach overall. Just the right balance for beginner group and range of ages, talent, etc. I think the orientation by Kurt is a great introduction and the more that people experience it the more it helps to promote the studio and have people join classes."
— Level 1 Student